Today we bring you a behind the scenes look at luxury beach, bath & home brand Pippah. We chat to creator & founder Philippa Hammond who creates the most amazing beach towels & ponchos, and like me she is a busy Mum of boys! We hope you enjoy this edition of behind the brand.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself?
Daughter, wife, mother, sister. Beach lover
2. Why did you start your business?
Gives me the option to be flexible with a young family and I love every single one of the items that I have. I wanted to share beautiful practical beach style with others
3. Where do you get your inspiration?
Inspiration simply comes down to what we like ourselves! Being a family that are all lovers of the beach, travel and adventure (so practicality factors in too).
4. Do you have a favourite item in your collection?
For my kids, our poncho’s are our go-to. For me, I swap between the Beach Club styles and the New Cabanas for the beach and in our bathroom, our Burleigh or Ahoy There – both in Navy… But, the kids use the ponchos after showers/baths too. My husband loves the Fusion styles and Ahoy There.
5. What does an average day look like for you?
School run, gym, work, beach – and repeat (no gym) replaced with an enormous afternoon feeding frenzy for my three little boys! I’m constantly surprised by how much food little boys need ?
Great thing is, with work, no two days are identical… It’s refreshing.
6. Are there any current trends you are inspired by at the moment?
Always selecting styles that will stand the test of time – pieces that won’t tire and still be stylish 10 years from now. Saying that there’s a bit of a tropical vibe going on at the moment!
7. Where is your favourite beach?
Wategos in Byron Bay, Bunga Beach, South Coast NSW and my everyday is Mermaid Beach, QLD – although really there’s not a beach in Australia that isn’t beautiful – we are so lucky.
8. Do you have an item you can’t live without for a day at the beach? Sunglasses, hat, bottle of water one of our flatwoven Turkish towels (Beach Club in Palm Springs Pink) or New Cabana (Navy stripes), and I’m normally wearing the Wanderer Kimono too ♥ as I’m running around catching balls, building sand-castles, watching (aspiring) surfers catch their waves, so it’s a bit of a cover-up from the sun and so I don’t feel so exposed!
9. If you could holiday anywhere in the world where would you go?
Any tropical island with a beautiful beach, clean water, where the sun is shining and a gentle afternoon breeze – haven’t been to the Caribbean or Mexico… so one day…. Hopefully soon!
10. What’s next for you’re business, anything exciting on the horizon you can share with us?
Yes, keep your eyes peeled… We’re always on the look-out for items to make your beach visit that little bit easier (with a dash of style) and we’ve got something new for Summer 2017/18
You can find out more about the great range of Pippah products here